Monday, December 14, 2009

Confession

Hello there and Happy Monday! I’m usually not so chipper at the beginning of the week. It must be the holiday season :)

So I have a confession to make today but lets get through the morning first.

After checking the weather forecast for the week and reevaluating my hip pain, I decided to reschedule today’s run for tomorrow. Instead I worked my glutes, arms, and abs. I followed the Booty Camp workout from the July/August issue of Fitness magazine. You can find great workouts in magazines that are really easy to follow. Then I worked my arms.

Hammer curl (3 sets of 10)
Tricep extensions (3 sets of 10)
Double-arm raise (2 sets of 12)
Should press (3 sets of 10)
Chest Fly (3 sets of 12)
Upright row (3 sets of 10)

Just a little ab workout: 3 sets of 12 crunches and reverse crunches

My breakfast was the normal pb oats: ½ c oats, 1 tbs pb, stevia, cinnamon.

All right, I have to fess up! I’m embarrassed to admit this but I think I am addicted to grocery shopping. Is that even possible? Does anyone else ever feel like that?
This morning I went to Safeway only to recycle plastic bags. They have a drop off bin there. Then it dawned on me that we needed tissues and I had coupons in my purse. Now this was a legitimate purchase and I got a good deal. Kleenex tissues were on sale and I had two coupons totaling $3 off, plus we really needed them. But here is where I got in trouble… the tissues are in the same isle as the magazines. So I picked up the new Oxygen and I saw a soup that I wanted to try neither of which I needed. Impulse buying is definitely a problem of mine. I never have a hard time justifying purchases though since I’ll get great workouts from the magazine and the soup is fairly healthy and will serve as a cheap lunch. However I still didn’t need either of them and now feel guilty thinking of all the Christmas gifts I still have to buy, but I waste money on this crap.



This is also a problem since I always want to have the latest health food. If I read about a new ingredient or product I run out and buy it- again I don’t need it. I tend to be resourceful when it comes to cooking, planning meals, clipping coupons, and watching sales. If I could just stick to the plan and not stop at various grocery stores and buy random crap.

Maybe it will help if I just fess up on here anytime I screw up and impulse shop. Most women have a problem buying clothes and shoes, me I buy groceries! Oh I’m so ashamed.

Here’s my goal: No grocery store the rest of the week! I’m already starting to get anxious thinking about it. I need to get food for the holidays but I guess that can at least wait till next week. Feeling like such a weird-o right now but I had to get this off my chest.

I feel better now and am confident that I can resist the store!

I’ll end my post today with a little office doodling….



Oh one more thing- My Jillian Michaels DVDs came today!

Have a great night :)

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. I rack up more impulse buys grocery shoppin than any where else. I ran to a new Whole Foods today just to check it out and ended up buying several grocery items, a gift card, and lunch for myself from the salad bar. It's shoes for some women, but for us foodies it's anything with the label organic. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to hear I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete